The Village of Bellflower receives funding from a variety of sources to provide village services.
- State tax distributions (Cannabis Use Tax, Income Tax, Replacement Tax, Sales Tax, Telecommunications Tax, and Use Tax) support all village services except for Motor Fuel Tax (MFT) and water system expenses
- McLean County property taxes levied by the village support all village services except for MFT and water system expenses
- State tax allotments (MFT Fund and Transportation Renewal Fund) support street-related repairs and improvements
- McLean County property taxes levied by Bellflower Township support the Bellflower Community Center
- Village water system expenses are supported solely by monthly water charges and fees
Funding projections for each fiscal year are used to develop a village budget, which in turn results in the creation and adoption of both an appropriations ordinance and a tax levy. For more information about these financial processes, click on the appropriate menu option.