The mission of the Bellflower Genealogical and Historical Society is to preserve the history of Bellflower and support other organizations in improving life in Bellflower.
The mission is accomplished by:
- Maintaining the Depot Museum as a repository of historical pictures, published material, and artifacts about Bellflower
- Maintaining local cemetery records and obituaries
- Publishing Highlights, an annual collection of stories about local people, places, organizations, businesses, and history
- Conducting periodic trips and programs
- Answering questions about Bellflower from people in the community and beyond
The organization supports the community by:
- Participating in Bellflower’s Fourth of July celebration—opening the museum to the public and sponsoring “Banana Bingo”
- Providing refreshments for participants at the annual village workday
Financial support for the organization comes from member dues, contributions, sales of Bellflower memorabilia, and a Fourth of July raffle.
Meetings are held monthly (March through October) at 9:00 a.m. on the second Monday at the Depot, 210 N Latcha St, Bellflower.