Village of Bellflower water policies effective December 26, 2022:
- Owner to be Billed. Water bills shall be sent to the property owner of record for each water account, whether the property is owner-occupied, rented, or leased. The property owner shall be responsible for ensuring timely payment and shall be liable for all late and/or delinquent fees.
- Method of Bill Delivery. Bills will be sent by US mail unless a customer provides an email address, in which case the bill will be sent by email.
- Billing Cycle. Water bills shall be issued monthly by the 1st day of the month.
- Due Date. The amount due shall be payable no later than the 15th day of the month billed.
- Late Payment. Payments RECEIVED after the 15th day of the month billed shall be considered late and shall be assessed a $25.00 late payment penalty.
- Delinquent Accounts. Bills issued with a previous balance shall be considered delinquent when the previous balance is not paid by the due date and a payment arrangement has not been approved by the mayor. Water service to delinquent accounts may be disconnected without further notice.
- Nonpayment Disconnect/Reconnect Fees. When water service has been disconnected for nonpayment, water service will only be reconnected after all delinquent amounts are paid, including fees and penalties, plus a $25.00 disconnection fee and a $25.00 reconnection fee.
- Receipt of Bill or Notice. Failure to receive a water bill or late notice shall not be an excuse for nonpayment of the delinquent amount due.
- Extension of Credit. Village officials and employees are prohibited from extending credit to any water customer. However, the mayor is authorized to approve delinquent payment arrangements.
- Accepted Forms of Payment.
- Check / Money Order payable to “Bellflower Water” – include a notation of the water account number or service address to which the payment applies.
- Credit / Debit Card – subject to a convenience fee assessed by the card processor.
- Cash – include a notation of the water account number or service address to which the payment applies. NOTE: the customer accepts all risks related to loss of cash funds.
- Payment Delivery. Payments may be submitted by U.S. mail, at a local payment drop box, or by credit card using an online or pay-by-phone service. See Water Payment Options for payment delivery details.
- Payment Posting.
- Payments will be posted as of the date RECEIVED by the water billing clerk.
- A date written on a check or money order shall not be used to determine if a payment has been RECEIVED by the due date.
- Payments will be posted to the account balance without regard to any customer notation on or submitted with the form of payment.